22 March 2011

Really Need to Do This More Often

dinnerwfriends2-0311
dinnerwfriends1-0311

Had a great dinner with great friends I tonight. I first met Midge without really meeting her. She left a note in our mailbox inquiring about the siding on our house, so Brian called her back. A few months later, my old neighbor from Chicago mentioned she knew someone else who just moved to the area. It was Midge -- who lives just a few houses away from us. Small world. Libby is someone I was told I had to meet. Supposedly we had very similar beliefs regarding work/home balance (and it turns out we do). She has two boys who are a bit older, so we even exchanged emails (me asking for after school care advice) way before meeting each other in person. And, you probably already know Melissa. She's been on my blog once or twice before. Or, pretty much every weekend, at least. I was so excited when the four of us were able to get a date on the calendar for a dinner. It was such a great night -- I really didn't want it to end. P.S. Boy, do I look tired....

No comments: