24 January 2010

Pablove Concert

Brian and I spent the weekend in Milwaukee. It was the Pablove Benefit Concert at Turner Hall. The line-up included: Willy Porter, Truth in Fiction, Pet Engine, Old Man Malcolm, Mike Benign, Maritime, The Lackloves, Fever Marlene, and The Gufs. Brian even played a song with The Gufs (he's the good-looking djembe player). What a fun night. We saw so many people -- most we haven't seen in years! Jeff was in town too, and it was so great to see him. I realized I have known him for twenty (2-0) years. Unbelievable. I can't imagine losing a child to cancer, like he and his wife did. What they are doing to "fight childhood cancer with love" is absolutely amazing. All proceeds benefited The Pablove Foundation.

2 comments:

Mel said...

I so wish we had been there! Looks like you had a ball!

Penny said...

Wow! Looked like a lot of fun! Oh, and congrats on closing down the bar :-))