
Last Friday Brian and I had a belated anniversary celebration at Nakama.
Since it was a Friday, and we usually are dead to the world nowadays, we opted for the low key Listening Room. Since it was our anniversary, they even let Brian select one of the albums to play. It was a cool environment, but I am looking forward to trying to Omakasa bar at some point. The cocktails and food were absolutely delicious. Not pictured, their incredible roasted cabbage, nori butter clams and satsumaino (Japanese sweet potato) creme brulee.
The Bravissimo -- toasted sesame fat-washed Roku Japanese gin, Cocchi Vermouth di Torino, sumac infused Mazzura Apertivo, orange bitters
Japanese Breakfast -- Henry McKenna 10yr 100 proof bourbon, Lazzaroni amaretto, ceremonial grade match, peach kuromitsu, fresh squeezed kiwi, fresh squeezed lemon, aquafaba, marigold and ginger and allspice bitters
Hamachi Temaki - ikura, crispy garlic, negi
Hotate Temaki -- clam miso nori butter, ikura, yuzu salt
On Saturday, the Auggies played in Madison. Several of the team families came which was fun, and Cole had his own little cheering section!
They ended up with their first win of the season. It was a good night.
The fans with our guy!
On Monday I took Cinnamon out on a field trip. She's labeled as fearful, but the minute we hit the park, she happily walked along wagging her tail. She's seriously almost perfect. I cannot believe she's still at the shelter.
Van and his Urban Adventure buddies. It's so adorable, and he's really feeling comfortable with his little pack which is nice.
On the days Van get picked up for his walk, Gretel and I go out for a walk together. She's a little slower and can't go as far as she used to, but she loves it. She can still do a couple miles. Of course, naps are always part of it too.










No comments:
Post a Comment