21 August 2026

Moments 08 26 :: Week 03

lastweek082126
Fish fry culture is a real thing in Wisconsin. I'm not sure why we don't take advantage of it more. Last Friday Brian and I went to Hubbard Park Lodge. So good. 

lastweek082126-2
On Saturday, we met up with our friend Greg (blue shirt) who is moving to Colorado! Excited for him. Sad for anyone who knows him. 

lastweek082126-3
Nina and Papa came over for dinner on Sunday. We made pizzas and enjoyed the beautiful late summer night. This is a terrible photo but all I've got. It was a really nice night. 

lastweek082126-4
This week's field trip was with Buddy! I've had my eye on this guy for awhile, but he has a messed up front paw that he was born with and I wasn't sure how he'd handle my signature long walks. I'm happy to report, he did great. He's also a huge snuggle bug, which I have a weakness for. Adore this guy.

lastweek082126-5
We realized our angel dog Van really isn't socialized as well as we'd like him to be, so he goes on group adventure walks once a week. I'm not sure if you can tell, but he seems to really be liking it. Look at that smile!

lastweek082126-6
Bayside has hired the goats to clean out the brush again. Van and I of course needed to walk by and check it out. They are the cutest.

lastweek082126-7
Van loves to grab with his paws. At least what I've read, it's a sign of affection. And probably a little attention. It always cracks me up when Gretel is his target. These two are the best. 

lastweek082126-8
Brian and Van took a trip for a night to Door County! Gretel and I stayed behind. I also already had a haircut appointment that I desperately needed. They had a great time. 

lastweek082126-9
Hard to see, but a huge hawk is in the tree. We have so many of them around here, but no matter how often you see them, they are so impressive. 

No comments: