12 October 2023

Door County Fall 23 :: Day 03

doorcount1023-day3
doorcount1023-day3-6
doorcount1023-day3-4
doorcount1023-day3-5
doorcount1023-day3-2
doorcount1023-day3-7
doorcount1023-day3-3
It's crazy how much sleep I got this trip. Since it was colder out, we wouldn't hang out by the campfire quite as long as normal. I was probably in bed by 10pm reading. The van is pitch black, and again, because you don't necessarily want to rush out to hang outside, before you knew it, it would be 8am. The last night I slept 9 hours! I can't remember the last time I did that, but it sure felt great. After packing up camp, we drove to Whitefish Dunes State Park. We haven't been here since we went kayaking with the boys in 2020, and I forget how spectacular this area is. Again, totally different from the other two we visited the day before. Just check out those rock formations and gorgeous water. It's unbelievable. Unfortunately, it was time to head home. But first, a quick stop at Il Ritrovo in Sheboygan for some delicious pizza. Luck was on our site, because we just made it. What a great trip. It felt so good to get away for those few days. 

No comments: