06 May 2016

Last Week in Moments

week050616a
It was a cold rainy weekend filled with soccer games and fires. In fact, this was the place to be. One dog is lounging on top -- one is on the bottom (the door is open.)

week050616b
Brian was out of town on a guy's weekend near Lake Geneva. The boys and I started a game of Monopoly. Three days later, I'm proud to say that I was the victor. All but 2 of the $500 were in my pocket.

week050616c
An 8:00am soccer game 45 minutes away on a Sunday morning. Brutal. Brian surprised H by coming to it! H was selected captain, and scored the first goal for their team. It was great.

week050616d
My niece had her confirmation. Afterwards, we went to my sister's house for dinner. It was so great seeing everyone.

week050616e
It was a big week for my boys. C was invited to run the 1600 meter with the 7/8th grade track team by the coach. And we got a call from the principal saying that H was nominated student of the quarter by his teachers, and is invited to a dinner to celebrate! (I didn't even know there was a student of the quarter.) It was announced when H was in PE, and he thought his friends were lying when they told him about it. He said he never thought it was something he'd get it, and doesn't know anyone who's gotten it who isn't a straight A student. See? Hard work and effort does pay off. Way to go kids!

Oh, and C made this pig in art class. I kind of love it.

No comments: