08 February 2015

Family Pheasant Day

pheasant1-0215
pheasant2-0215
pheasant3-0215
pheasant4-0215
pheasant5-0215
pheasant6-0215

My husband and eldest son really enjoy pheasant hunting. It's not an interest my youngest or I share with them. In fact, I think the whole thing is a bit weird. Brian had arranged for a Saturday am hunt with our friend Mitch, who is also a member. It was a gorgeous day out, and two of Mitch's sons (one is in C's class) and his wife Tami were also going to tag along, so I figured it was a good day to join them. I was also kind of excited to see Gretel in her element. Tami and I just kind of hung out in the back walking and talking. The younger boys frolicked in the field, while the older boys helped out with the birds. Pheasants, by the way, are stunning creatures. I had no idea how beautiful they are! Their colors are amazing. Gretel was a super star on the field. Really, watching a working dog do their thing is pretty amazing. It was a really great day!

No comments: