06 March 2014

#tbt

italy-0314

After graduating college in 1992 (!!!), my friend and roommate, Irma, and I backpacked throughout Europe for six weeks. We landed in Amsterdam, then traveled to:

Germany // Hamburg, Lüneburg, Celle, Bonn, Düsseldorf, Köln
Austria // Vienna)
Italy // Venice, Florence, Rome, Pompeii
France // Nice, Bordeaux
Spain // Barcelona, Denia -- we actually met up with some of my friends from Germany and stayed here two weeks (a vacation within our vacation, you could say), Blanes
France // Paris
The Netherlands // Den Haag
Belgium // Brussels, Antwerp
The Netherlands // Amsterdam

It was an amazing trip, and I'm so absolutely glad I did it.  I know my life is going to continue to be filled with travel, I doubt I'll ever have the luxury to be able to wander like that again. The photo above taken in the amazing city of Venice, Italy. I'm in the center (with the gondolier hat on ... not sure how that ended up there), along with Irma on the right and Molly, who we met backpacking -- and who ended up traveling with us throughout Italy and part of France. What an adventure.

No comments: