03 September 2013

First Day of School

firstdayschool1-0913
firstdayschool2-0913
firstdayschool3-0913

Yesterday when we got home from our trip -- the last summer hurrah -- I felt a bit strange. On one hand, I felt an overwhelming sense of contentment, happiness and pride. On the other hand, I was so sad. You see, this is going down as one of the best summers ever and I was just bummed to see it come to and end. Even though my kids make me absolutely crazy at times, I really missed them as they headed off to their first day of school today. It's all going by way too fast. This morning, H started 6th grade, and C 3rd. That's crazy. When the end of the school day finally came and we were reunited, both couldn't stop talking about what great days they had. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a great year for them.

No comments: