14 February 2012

Valentine's Day

vdaya-0212
(Hearts made by H & C in 2007 when H was 5 and C was 3.)

If you ask me, any day that we get to take some time out to spend time with our loved ones, and do something special for them is a good one. The boys were home in the morning thanks to a late start day (tomorrow too), but so excited to get to school. C was even dressed and ready to go before we were even awake. He wore the t-shirt he and the babysitter made a couple weeks ago -- after he cut off the bottom of it to make it fit better, and even put on jeans since it was a special occasion. The highlight of H's day was the dance party they had in his classroom.

My boys definitely spoiled me, showering me with home made gifts and cards (my favorite). C even surprised me with this amazing sculpture.

vday7-0212'
It's me and him hugging. I kind of love it.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a photo of me and my honey. Or us and the boys. This is the best I could do once I realized it.

vday3-0212
vday2-0212
The kids love having meals consisting of courses, so that's what we did for our Valentine's Day dinner. It was delicious, if I do say so myself.

vdayd-0212
vdayc-0212
vdayb-0212

BBQ Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
Mussels
Asparagus Salad with Hazelnuts and Parmesan Cheese
Ricotta Stuffed Gnocchi with Browned Butter and Pine Nutts
Flourless Chocolate Cake

Yep, it was a pretty perfect day. Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day too!

No comments: