21 November 2009

Peaceful

Not every morning is as peaceful as this one was. We woke up (both boys in my bed ... again) and H decided to read three stories to C. And C listened contently. I even had enough time to make a cup of coffee and feed the dog before they were finished. We had a great evening last night too. The Elsmo's had a bunch of us over for soup. Four kinds of soup. Four kinds of delicious soup. I should know. I tried every single one. I am not sure what it is about that house, but as soon as I walk into it, I feel at home. It's one of the most comfortable places in the world. The boys had a blast running around with the other children. Besides a moment where we all had to look for a missing C (Leif found him behind the bed -- but I had just found him standing alone on the front sidewalk moments before, so I was a bit panicked), it was a great night. Ending with the boys falling asleep on the sofa just minutes after walking through the door. I have a feeling today's going to be pretty good too.

1 comment:

Mel said...

So glad to have you! I always appreciate your kind words about our house! You are among my favorite guests of all. Sounds like you had the perfect morning.