16 December 2007

A Nice Surprise

So yesterday, our friend Melissa called us and said she had two extra tickets to The Joffrey Ballet's The Nutcracker for that evening and would we like to go with them and our other friends. Of course! Thanks to a snow storm, her cousin couldn't make it. Every year when I was younger, my parents would take us to a holiday show, and The Nutcracker was one of my favorites. In fact, I took H last year with my sister and her kids, and he seemed to really enjoy it too. Anyhow, I exhausted my limited supply of babysitters, and sadly called to say I couldn't find anyone to watch the kids. So Melissa jumped in and said, "Let me make some calls." Low and behold, she found someone. Next thing you know, there we were at the Auditorium Theatre ... in killer seats. We could see everything, and even Brian said he's never had a nicer time at the ballet. But that wasn't all. What was really special was that their daughter was in it, and this was her opening night. I was proud, so I could only imagine how they felt. She was in it last year too (which is why I took H). This year she was a snow princess, looked gorgeous and did a great job. It was a beautiful show, and a really nice surprise.

No comments: