10 July 2020

Moments 07 20 :: Week 02

lastweek071020
Friday night we met my parents, sisters and kids at the club for a fish fry. We sat outside, which was great. 

lastweek071020-2
The lake also hosted their annual fireworks. 

lastweek071020-4
With all the large, traditional firework displays being canceled, we felt extremely lucky. This is my favorite place to watch them too. 

lastweek071020-5
Brian and I took a walk along Beach Drive, and since he was with, Gretel got to dip more than her feet in the water. She didn't want to leave. Unfortunately, they are building wave walls, and it's getting really hard to find a spot to put her in for a few minutes. She loves it,.

lastweek071020-7
Our friends invited us out to their house for a socially distanced graduation party for their son (college). We brought our own lawn chairs and coolers of food and drink. Their next door neighbor is also a professional firework guy, so lucky us! We had our own, crazy fireworks literally above our heads.

lastweek071020-6
It ended with a giant fire ball. (I'm pretty sure that one wasn't approved by the village).

lastweek071020-8
Brian and I took our paddle boards out on Lake Michigan. It wasn't even too wavy, but my balance sure stinks. Didn't fall in, but definitely had to concentrate. 

lastweek071020-10
So glad we have these things. 

lastweek071020-9
Lake Michigan is oddly warm this year. Not that I'm complaining. It felt great! 

lastweek071020-11
Found delphinium at the grocery store and had to get them. They remind me of our wedding (they were in our bouquets).

lastweek071020-12
Our area is doing COVID testing. You didn't need symptoms to get tested, so the family signed up. I know so many areas are struggling to get enough testing, so it felt weird to doing it. 

lastweek071020-13
Found this little bird in the parking lot at C's soccer. I found a blanket and moved it to the woods. Before we left, I wanted to make sure it didn't get under my car again. Sure enough, it was in the curb right behind it. I think it was a fledgling mourning dove. I moved it back to the woods, but don't doubt it hopped back down to the danger zone. 

lastweek071020-14
My driveway gym workout buddy.

No comments: