15 May 2020

Moments 05 20 :: Week 03

lastweek051520
Some crazy, beautiful flower Brian picked up for me. <3

lastweek051520-2
Made a huge batch of fire starters. Also got a giant firewood delivery this week. Ready for summer.

lastweek051520-3
My Mother's Day breakfast. So delicious. Even included a side of elderberry syrup.

lastweek051520-4
My guys. Cannot even begin to imagine life without them.

lastweek051520-6
Found this oldie but goodie of my mom and me. Thinking it must have been my 17th birthday?

lastweek051520-5
Then there's Brian and his mom. I'm guessing he was home from college for Christmas. Too funny.

lastweek051520-7
We ended the day with a delicious crab leg and lobster dinner. Such a treat.

lastweek051520-8
This little one flew into our window. I tucked it's wings under, and about 30 minutes later, it flew away. Such a cute little bird.

lastweek051520-9
That's 20 yards of mulch for the boys to spread. They are sure going to be busy.

lastweek051520-11
I've been working out in my driveway, and the other day, it was cooler, but sunny. As soon as I was done, this is what I found on my mat which was really nice and warm.

lastweek051520-12
This little bunny decided to hop across our driveway! There is no way it would have survived in our yard (...Gretel), so I contacted the Humane Society Wildlife department (they are amazing) to confirm it was of size to be on it's own, and relocated it to Doctor's Park. Hopefully it's doing ok. Baby bunnies are the cutest!

lastweek051520-13
Still taking epic walks with Gretel. When we have time, Beach Drive is our favorite. We alway make sure to take a moment at Lake Michigan. It's just so amazing.

lastweek051520-14
See that number below the date? That's the number of days we've been in quarantine. 60! Crazy. I look at how crazy our spring was supposed to be and am so thankful for the time we got. We were supposed to be in St. Louis this weekend, and Appleton all of next weekend for soccer, for example. The first couple of weeks were a challenge because I'm used to a lot of alone time. But now, I'm starting to get a little sad thinking of my people leaving. Never have we spent this much time together, and I'm happy to report, we still really like each other. Oh, there are a lot of challenges this world and we are all dealing with though. The economy is a mess. Politics have gotten ugly. How people handle the virus is so varied and difficult to navigate. It's a lot. It's a long, uncertain road ahead of us, and I just hope everything turns out ok.

No comments: