16 May 2019

New Orleans :: Day 1

nola19day1
nola19day2-11
nola19day1-2< br /> nola19day1-3
nola19day1-5
nola19day1-4
nola19day1-6

Lucky, lucky me. Last week I got to travel to New Orleans to meet up with my besties to celebrate Emma's graduation from college. Mel arranged the entire thing as a surprise for Emma. They arrived the day earlier, then surprise! Amy, Penny and I (aka the Mom Squad) showed up. It was so amazing. I was the last to show up. Had an early am flight with a transfer in Atlanta. Dropped my bags off (this was the entrance to our Airbnb! You would never know it even existed from the street which was right off of Bourbom. Amazing), then met everyone at Cochon to kick the weekend off right with an incredible lunch. We walked back to the apartment, then per the recommendation of a friend of mine and part-time New Orleans resident, headed to Magazine for the Champagne Stroll. But first, Casamento's for oysters. I enjoy oysters, but tend to shy away from the giant ones. I don't know what it is about the oysters in NOLA though, because they are HUGE yet different from others and so, so good! We hit the tail end of the stroll, but completely enjoyed it. The last store of the night was Peaches, where we got to meet the store dog, Sir Winston Pepperbottoms. What a cutie. We were all pretty exhausted after our big day, so headed back and called it a night.

No comments: