05 February 2016

Last Week in Moments

weekof020526b
Last weekend was a busy one. C had a friend over after school on Friday, and it turns out, they had arranged to meet up with a huge group of friends at the ice-skating rink. We even ended up with an extra kid for dinner. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I really think 11-year old boys are pretty hilarious. I loved it. That evening, H had a 9:30 pm soccer game, which started our weekend of soccer. Both boys were in a futsal tournament, so we had a total of 7 games. It was exhausting (that's a lot of soccer), and disappointing (their teams didn't fair too well), but they still had a good time. No photos of soccer, but I did take a picture of this amazing raw chocolate bark I've been making! It'sso good. Seriously, I made three batches over the course of a week, and finally got smart an made a double batch. It's 1/2 c coconut oil, 1/4 c maple syrup brought to a boil. Stir in 1/2 c cocoa powder and spread on a baking sheet covered in parchment. Add toppings (I've been digging gogi berries and pistachios), and freeze for 30 minutes before breaking into pieces. Store in the freezer.

weekof020526c
I love my begging dogs. Yes, I'm bribing them with a piece of chicken or something to make them sit so good. But seriously, can you even resist these faces?

weekof020526a
Gretel slowly wakes up in the mornings, rests, goes outside, then comes back in and goes crazy. She tries to break into all of our rooms to steal stuffed animals, socks, shoes and bras. I feed her, let her out one more time, and she basically sleeps the rest of the morning while I'm out and about. When I get home, she goes on crazy mode for another couple of hours, takes an afternoon nap, then is a wild child the rest of the evening until 8:00 pm when she just needs her beauty sleep. She just looked so pretty and peaceful in this photo. I couldn't resist. The calm before the storm.

No comments: