19 June 2020

Moments 06 20 :: Week 03

lastweek061920
The babies flew away last week. One night, I got to watch as two of them took their first flight. It was the coolest thing ever. One remained overnight. Honestly, it still had baby feathers, and wasn't nearly as developed as the others. But sure enough, the next morning Mom & Dad robin was coaxing it out of the nest and it left too. It wasn't as graceful as the others. It basically fell from our ledge into the grass. Right away one of the parents was there to get it to as safe place. I guess this is common, as it turns out. The whole few weeks have been absolutely fascinating, if you ask me. 

lastweek061920-2
Monday night we heard lots of cars and chanting and were excited to see one of the BLM protests come right up our street. We stood at the end of our driveway cheering them on. A little girl gave us a sign she made. The group cheered for us to walk with them. H & Brian took part. The whole thing was extremely moving and emotional. I had goosebumps. 

lastweek061920-3
Most exciting news of the week is that this guy passed is Private Pilot test! He's official! 

lastweek061920-4
We looked at the calendar last week and realized the boys and I all a day free on Friday. Turns it, it was the perfect summer day to spend at the beach. 

lastweek061920-5
Met my mom there for lunch. My niece came later, followed by my sister.  I haven't seen my sister or niece since pre-pandemic. It was nice just to hang out for a bit and relax. 

lastweek061920-6
Last summer we only made it out to the lake once. Hoping the slower summer means more of this.

lastweek061920-7
It's definitely a happy place during the summer. We are so lucky.

No comments: