13 May 2018

Mother's Day

momday1-0518
momday2-0518
momday4-0518
momday3-0518
momday5-0518
momday6-0518
momday7-0518

Scenes from Mother's Day. I got to spend yesterday with my mom while we were at my nephew's graduation from UW Madison. Such a fun day. Today, I woke up to breakfast in bed. It's so funny, because each year my boys want me to enjoy it alone. And every year I argue that I want to eat with them. I never win that argument, but C always sneaks in and hangs out with me while I eat. Cute. Later in the morning, my mother-in-law joined us for brunch at Birch + Butcher. Of course I took photos of the food:

Joan & I : Lox Platter, Cream Cheese, Charred Tomato, Red Onion Jam + Capers
Brian : Brandy Old Fashioned Hot Ham + Fresh Rolls
H : Pulled Pork Shoulder, Roast Mushroom, Egg + Polenta
C : Rosemary Biscuits, Sausage + Charcuterie Gravy + Poached Egg

Then we went to Purple Door for ice-cream. I had Malted Chocolate Chocolate Chunk + Mint Quark. Needless to say, I didn't want to eat the rest of the day.  But it was worth it.

The rest of the day was spent just catching up and working in the yard a little bit. All I can say, is lucky me. So grateful for our moms, and for getting to experience motherhood myself. My boys rock my world. I adore them.

No comments: