06 September 2024

Moments 09 24 :: Week 01

lastweek090624
North Central Men's Soccer had their first game of the season. Look who represented on the Athletics page. Love it. Brian and I were excited to be able to head down to Naperville to watch.

lastweek090624-2
But first, sushi at Ikkai. It is so good. 

lastweek090624-3
They ended up losing 0-2 to #1 seated St. Olaf. Cole got to play the entire second half, which was exciting.

lastweek090624-4
Loved getting to see our guy. Especially since it was his birthday the day before. 

lastweek090624-5
Zoe came too. Can you tell we were happy to see him? Cole's friend how was on the team last year was visiting for the weekend too. 

lastweek090624-6
Volume 16 of my book complete. It's the main reason I still do this blog. I'm alway about 6 months to a year behind making it, and need some sort of documentation.

lastweek090624-7
On Sunday, I drove back to Naperville to catch the NCC vs. Gustavus Adolphus game. Cole got his first college soccer start, and played the full 90. I was so happy for him. He's been training and working hard. Definiately deserves it. The game ended up in a tie. Gustavus recently beat University of Chicago, the former #1 D3 team in the nation, so you know they are good. Two tough games to start. Not the scores you want to see, but also, not too bad. 

lastweek090624-8
Meanwhile, Brian was Klassy Kamping. Can't believe I missed this year, but I wasn't the only one. He left early on Saturday and three amazing days in the woods. This was the first year of no kids around. So strange. Needless to say, it sounded relaxing and perfect, so I'm glad the tradition continues. I'll be back for sure. 

lastweek090624-9
Van Duke loves his giant Costco chicken. 

lastweek090624-10
Photo from the NCC soccer instagram page. Love my #13.

lastweek090624-11
It's my birthday weekend, and these ladies kicked it off perfectly. They showered me with gifts and laughter. Working out isn't just good for you physically. If it wasn't for CrossFit, I would have never met any of these people. Unfortunately, besides five of us hardcore 8:30am-ers, we are scattered around at different gyms and different class times. So happy to have been able to get together. 

No comments: