16 May 2023

80th Birthday Celebration :: Days 03 & 04

richardbday-day3-3
richardbday-day3
IMG_0585
richardbday-day3-2
richardbday-day4-4
I can think of a million photos I wish I would have gotten on this trip, and the final couple of days proves it. I hardly took any! I missed out on all of the fun times just chatting away on the porch, for example. Sunday was my uncle's real birthday. Plus it was Mother's Day! We all gathered at my aunt and uncle's again for brunch (which included biscuits, yum). My uncle drove us around Charlotte. Such a cool, growing city. Even my uncle barely recognized it. :) In the afternoon, we met up with my cousin and her family again at Olde Mecklenburg for a late lunch before they all had to hit the road. We came back and took one last walk -- this time the neighborhood tour. Then we sat on the porch until it was time for bed. We had another early flight the next day. Thankfully, not as bad as the one a few days earlier. We were home late morning, and Brian was there ready to pick us up. It was such a treat getting to see everyone. Hoping we all get to see each other soon again. It was wonderful. 

No comments: