20 November 2014

Costa Rica :: Day 5

crday5-1114-1
crday5-1114-14
crday5-1114-15
crday4-1114-11
crday5-1114-13
crday5-1114-4
crday5-1114-2
crday5-1114-3
crday5-1114-5

We woke up and had breakfast at Robin's (our favorite breakfast and ice cream shop! - chocolate ice cream with cacao nibs...yes, please) and smoothies at Scott & Ali's hotel before doing what we loved to do most on vacation -- surf! We went right outside Casa Romantica again, and met up with a group from the wedding to hang out with. Once we got home, I had one of my favorite moments of the trip. I loaded up H&C on the back of my ATV and the three of us went to get coconuts. I had the perfect coconut -- with sweet water and lots of meat. We also talked to a really nice young couple from Germany who asked if we lived there. Maybe it was the fact that there were three of us on an ATV -- or it may our beach hair. But at that moment, I realized I haven't been so relaxed in a long time. I remembered that first day at the ATV shop when they said I must have just gotten there because I was so anxious. And let me tell you, that feeling of unwinding is great. I honestly cannot remember the last time I've been so calm and relaxed. Pura Vida! After the coconuts, we stopped at a cute store (where I ended up buying an amazing purse later), and had some delicious ceviche out of a cooler off the back of a bicycle. It was all too perfect.

That afternoon, we went to a hangover party at Tierra Magnifica. Once again, Mike & Kristyn thought of everything, and even had a rock climber there who set up milk crates for the kids to climb. H, who is scared of heights, opted out, but C had a blast! It was a nice, relaxing afternoon for sure. In the evening, we picked up some sushi, hung out a bit, then hit the sack. We were all absolutely exhausted.

No comments: