16 April 2024

California :: Days 5 + 6

calirv24-day5+6
IMG_3921
calirv24-day5+6-2
calirv24-day5+6-3
calirv24-day5+6-5
calirv24-day5+6-6
calirv24-day5+6-4
calirv24-day5+6-7
I don't have many photos from the last couple of days. We stayed with friends, and I didn't want to stalk their home -- even through trust me, I really wanted to. It was absolutely stunning, and I'm so happy for them. It was such a treat to stay there. After leaving Joshua Tree, we stopped at Shields Date Garden to get a famous date shake. When it came out of a machine I was skeptical, but let me tell you, it was amazing. Next we made a quick stop at Trader Joe's to pick up some flowers, then Chula for lunch. The squash blossoms were redunk. We thought the entire area would be so busy since it was the first weekend of Coachella, but we actually didn't have any problems. After lunch, we headed over to Ken + Greta's gorgeous home. Later, another friend, Elke, who lives full time in an RV and is in the area for a few weeks stopped by and we all went out to dinner together on the golf cart. Such a fun night. To be clear, the people photographed above are creative powerhouses. Elke and Brian work together and Ken, until recently when he stepped down, was his boss. He's so lucky to know and work which such incredible people. Also, I felt like Greta and I were kindred spirits. They were just so welcoming, and it was such a lovely time. My final morning, Ken made a delicious breakfast, then it was time for Brian to take me to my new favorite airport in Palm Springs as he makes he way back home. We both had been looking forward to this week for awhile, and it definitely did not disappoint. What a wonderful time.

No comments: