07 January 2022

Moments 01 22 :: Week 01

lastweek010722-2
Our New Year's Day good luck recipe. We've been lucky enough to have Greg & Yvonne stay with us over New Year's a couple times, and they always make this recipe. Their tradition has turned into our tradition. I asked Yvonne for the recipe a few years back, and she sent me this. I could barely decipher it, hence the notes. I love it so much. 

lastweek010722
The final product. Not very pretty, but we love it.

lastweek010722-3
It snowed for real finally. At first Van wouldn't even go outside, but it's safe to say, once he figured it out, he loved it again. 

lastweek010722-4
Our crazy little tree. I love the random little branches popping out. I'm finally taking it down this weekend. 

lastweek010722-6
How in the world has this happened? We had a greyhound years ago that slept in our bed, and it was such a nightmare. The last two dogs haven't been allowed (although, Gretel does sleep with Hudson when he's home). Somehow, this guy has finagled his way in. And not only that, he buries himself UNDER the covers. This is how I woke up the other day. Not ok. 

lastweek010722-5
Hudson made us dinner! Chicken coconut soup and chili glazed green beans. It was delicious. 

lastweek010722-8
How we roll this this time of year. It reached a whopping 15 degrees out today.
 
lastweek010722-7
In other news, Brian had to leave on the 1st of the year for Las Vegas. His company did the keynote for Abbott Labs at CES. It's been a long haul, and he's been M.I.A. most of the past 1.5 months. This morning, Hudson flew out to join him and they are going to go on a little road trip for a few days to unwind. Hudson was supposed to take a 10:20 am flight, but woke me up last night at midnight to let me know it was cancelled. I'm not sure how, but he managed to get the very last seat on the 7am. It just meant a very early wake-up call, but I'm happy they are getting to have these few days together. 

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I make something very similar, but with the addition of sliced cabbage and with the potatoes on the side. Mine's never had a name! I remember Sky; he was Brandon's first experience living with a dog. Needless to say, he came around to owning one... eventually.