16 July 2018

London :: Day 11 - The Last Day

london-day11a
london-day11c
london-day11b
london-day11d
london-day11e
london-day11f
london-day11g

Welp, it's time for our travels to come to an end. The last day. Our Airbnb host was kind enough to let us keep our bags at the apartment while they got it ready for the next visitors. So we packed up, then walked to The Summerhouse for a traditional English breakfast. The boys even got to try Black Pudding! Can't say they were huge fans. I opted for the vegetarian version, which was amazing. The restaurant was so cute inside and right on the canal. Even in the time we were there, however, it turned green! This summer has been the warmest London has ever had, and it caused all the duckweed to grow on it. As we were eating, a family of swans swam by. Aren't those babies the cutest? After breakfast, we had scheduled a car to pick us up and take us to the airport. Once there, we spotted Yo Sushi -- served on a conveyer belt -- and had to go. Last year when we were in the Paris airport, the boys saw this for the first time and wanted to try it but we didn't think we had time. They've been talking about it ever since and were so excited. We finished just as it was time to go to our gate. Unfortunately, we had a 1.5 hour delay in Montreal so by the time we got home, it was nearly 1am.

Travel is something I've always loved to do and something that really fuels my fire. I've always said I don't need a fancy car, or a fancy house, but I need to be able to travel. It seriously feeds my soul. I love experiencing new places and culture and have major wanderlust. I'm always dream of the next place to go. Travel makes me appreciate the world, as well as my own home. Plus, I'm such a schedule person that frankly, it's invigorating to get away from that once in awhile. I'm always so sad to see it come to an end. Actually, the only person excited to come back was C! He missed his friends, his bed and his Xbox. What an amazing trip.

No comments: