13 June 2010

Naperville Women's Triathlon

Today was my first triathlon of the season -- the Naperville Women's Triathlon which benefited the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund. I'm still trying to figure out why I do these things, because they make me a nervous wreck. But I always have fun doing them, and today was no exception. Since the boys are still in Florida, and this is a women's only event, Brian came along and was able to snap a bunch of photos. I'm only featuring a few, because honestly, I've come to the conclusion tri clothes just don't me any justice. At all. I was very happy to be in the same wave as another person I know who is very accomplished in triathlons of all levels. She really helped ease my mind, and make the wait for the start fun. The swim is a .46 mile course in Centennial Beach. The bike was a nice flat 14.2 miles, which is shorter than I've usually done. And the run says it's a 5K, but I think it was actually shortened to a 2.75 mile course. My times were: swim (14:28), transition 1 (3:50), bike (45:29), transition 2 (3:17), run (25:12). Overall, I was 460 out of 1590, and 83 out of 283 in my 40/44 age group. I have a lot of room for improvement, but was very happy with my first race of the season. A big thanks to The Frigs for coming out to support. Next year Penny!

No comments: