24 July 2026

Moments 07 26 :: Week 04

lastweek072326
Yay Spain! Was so excited to see this victory for them. I'm just not a fan of how Argentina plays. Dirty, in my opinion. It's been a really fun few weeks of the World Cup. 

lastweek072326-2
I took this cutie pie, Penny, out on Monday. She's 2 years old and deaf, but so smart, sweet and extremely well behaved! Someone clearly took time to train her, because she was very responsive to basic hand signal commands. Plus, she's very treat motivated, which helps. Owning a deaf dog definitely has some challenges (she's no dog, and I imagine that's because she gets startled by them -- you just need to be proactive and make sure isn't in a position to be surprised by things), but it also meant she isn't an anxious dog, like so many of them from the shelter. It's a tough place for them to be, no matter how comfortable people try to make it. Anyhow, I had so much fun with her I even extended my time with her. She's pretty incredible. 

lastweek072326-3
After the gym, on my way to Costco, I noticed a bunny not moving on the on-ramp to the highway. It looked alive, so I immediately exited and came back around, put my hazards on, and grabbed a towel from the car (which I have for my shelter dogs), made sure cars were coming, and went to grab it. Immediately I realized it's back legs were paralyzed, so I called the Wisconsin Humane Society Wildlife department and brought it in. I'm sure they will need to euthanize it -- but I just couldn't leave it there. It must have been terrified watching all of those cars zoom by. So sad when this stuff happens. Look how sweet this thing was.

lastweek072326-4
Wednesday night Brian and I went downtown for the Milwaukee Night Market. We had an absolute blast. It was packed, and was so much fun seeing the city come alive like this. Plus it was Pet Fest, so I got to hang out with some shelter puppies from the WHS and other rescue organizations. 

No comments: