05 January 2024

Moments 01 24 :: Week 01

lastweek010524-2
To kick off the New Year, Cole, Brian and I met some friends to do the Polar Bear Plunge.

lastweek010524-3
Hudson was in NYC, so it was the three of us. Our friend Aaron and friends spend the day before building a bonfire, and even erected this structure, which you run through on your way to the water. (They take it all down later.)

lastweek010524-4 
Cole and Brian have both done it before, but it was my first Midwestern Polar Bear Plunge. Quite the turnout.

lastweek010524
I did it! Even submerged my head and got my hair wet. From what I hear, I picked a good year for my inaugural plunge. It was in the 30s outside, and the water was 41 degrees with no ice. I'll take it.

lastweek010524-5
I rarely take decent photos while working out. Finally one isn't terrible. 

lastweek010524-6
The other big event of the week, is this guy got his first tattoo. 

lastweek010524-9
We've been talking about getting a family tattoo for awhile. He's been waiting patiently since turning 18, and finally the time came.

lastweek010524-8
We went to a place near Oak Park that our friends have all gone to. Cole and I also got arrows, which is something most of the friend group has done in the past few months. I think 10 out of the 16 of us have them now. We each designed our own. So fun.

lastweek010524-7
In case you were wondering, Hudson did not get any tattoos. He may never, which I completely understand. No tattoos is super cool too. 

No comments: