18 November 2022

Moments 11 22 :: Week 03

lastweek111822
Last weekend, Brian and Cole were in Texas for soccer games, but I got to travel to UW Madison to watch Hudson swim with the SLU Club Swim team.

lastweek111822-3
His 50 Breaststroke in 29:95 qualified him for a spot at Nationals. It wasn't anything he was expecting this year. So exciting. 

lastweek111822-4
This was the first time in almost three years that I got to watch him swim. I forgot how much I love it. 

lastweek111822-5
Testing out a new lipstick set - Beautycounter holiday is going on. Had my annual open house, but was so behind and so busy I didn't even take a picture. 

lastweek111822-6
In other news this week, my friend Stephanie and I rescued a goose. There had been an injured goose walking around by the gym. I called the Humane Society Wildlife Rescue on Monday, but couldn't wait because I had an appointment. Tuesday I was prepared, and waited for over an hour before they called me back. Except, when I did talk with them, I was told I had to contain it before they would send a volunteer out. I decided I was going to have to let this go and move on. But later in the day, I asked my friend if she had ever rescued a goose and I sent the photo I had taken of it. She hadn't but said we had to do something and met me. She was so prepared. After a bit of chaos, we finally got the goose under a box. It was so scared. Next, we had to get it in the crate Stephanie had brought. Fortunately, I had a sheet, and she had another blanket and we got it to work. So yes, this photo is a goose in a crate under a blanket on the way to the Humane Society. I'm pretty sure they are going to have to euthanize it, but at least it won't suffer. It was quite a fighter, but it must have gotten hit by a car. It's wing was broken, it walked fine but stumbled running, and it's beak may have been broken too. It was so sad, and I just couldn't not do anything.

lastweek111822-7
CrossFit Good Land team dinner. I keep things organized, but this crew keeps us strong and active. I love getting to work with such a great group of people. 

No comments: