31 December 2021

Moments 12 21 :: Week 05

lastweek123121
While we didn't have a day of baking cookies per usual, we were able to crank out some after all. I decided to try all new recipes this year. There weren't any duds, but my favorites were the Italian Layer Cookies. So good.

lastweek123121-2
Felt great to be able to see family again this year (even though COVID is crazy nutsy at the moment). Grandma hosted a fun Christmas Eve.

lastweek123121-3
Santa came to our house! 

lastweek123121-4
Annual Christmas morning photo. 

lastweek123121-5
Brian and I got up early to walk the dogs. Then changed back into our pajamas and woke Hudson & Cole at 9:00am. 

lastweek123121-6
The P4. Plus Van and Gretel.

lastweek123121-7
Nina & Papa hosted Christmas this year. A few others were going to join us but got COVID, so it was just our small little family. Maia recently bought a condo that came with some interesting artwork. Here's just one that she passed along to her brother. I'm not sure his girlfriend is a fan. 

lastweek123121-8
Thankful for small families. 

lastweek123121-9
We decided to continue the festivities and had brunch at the hunt club. It was absolutely delicious and so pretty.

lastweek123121-11
I mean... family photo in front of the fire.

lastweek123121-10
After brunch, we took a little hike. So luck to have this place available to us. 

lastweek123121-12
Later in the week Brian & Hudson took Van on his first hunt. Gretel had to stay behind - she's healing from an injury she got rough housing with Van. (It was heartbreaking since this is her favorite thing to do, but I took her for a LONG walk to make up for it.) I guess Van did really well! Yay! I wasn't so sure about this one. 

lastweek123121-14
The boys and I went out for ramen. Just a fun sign for the times. 

lastweek123121-13
Last workout of of the year, signing off from the Pettit home gym. I've been back on the porch since Cole had COVID. Brian has to go out of town for an important work project, so I decided to stay put. 
---
I've got to be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of this year. I felt overwhelmed and just kind of blah. Don't get me wrong - a lot of great things happened and fun moments were had. But, I'm determined not to let that happen again, and am looking forward to a fresh start. Peace out 2021.

No comments: