15 February 2015

Valentine's Day

valentines6-0215
One thing I love -- besides these guys, of course -- is how much H&C look forward our annual Valentine's Day dinner. It's never anything crazy -- just a little bit special.

valentines1-0215
Brian was out of town until the afternoon, H had soccer referee training all day (he passed and got his license!), C had a birthday party in the late afternoon, and honestly, I hadn't thought much about it. Last minute I cut out some hearts and decorated our table.

valentines2-0215
We started off with olives and bacon wrapped water chestnuts and pineapple.

valentines3-0215
Next we had roasted tomato soup...

valentines4-0215
Then salad, sauteed mushrooms, garlic roasted broccoli, and filet mignon...

valentines5-0215
And ended with chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate pots de creme. After a busy day, it was so nice to get to spend a lovely evening with my family. I'm so lucky.

No comments: