27 February 2013

Inspiration Files :: Winter Getaway


I am a big fan of the winter doldrums. I really don't have a problem with slowing down after the new year and being more or less cooped up a bit. In fact, I kind of crave it. At least for a couple months. But now that it's nearly March, I'm quite ready for spring to come. Mother Nature seems to have other plans though, and we got absolutely dumped on with snow last night. So much, that the boys have no school today! H has already been outside shoveling. C has a pretty nasty cough and isn't himself, so it's worked out well that he's home. My body has been feeling particularly stiff and sore lately, so I'm ok with taking a day off as well. The only problem is, the Mr. is out of town, and now I have a huge amount of wet, sticky snow to plow. Figured an inspiration file post was in order to get me going -- and this one is perfect. Zumthor Ferienhäuser are vacation rentals located near Leis in Val, Switzerland (population 20). I sure wouldn't mind being spending a snow day there. (via Desire to Inspire // photos by Ralph Feiner, courtesy of Annalisa and Peter Zumthor)

No comments: