31 August 2012

Last Day of Summer Vacation

tennis2-0812
tennis3-0812
tennis4-0812
tennis5-0812
tennis6-0812
tennis7-0812
tennis8-0812
tennis9-0812

Besides the upcoming weekend and Labor Day holiday, today was the last official day of summer vacation. Three months off is a very long time. We've had so much fun -- and I most certainly will miss being able to do what we want when we want. But I think we are all ready for a bit of structure. It's time for them to go back. As a last hurrah, my mom picked the boys, Storm and I up this morning and we went out to their house. We dropped Storm off, then went over to the club. As a treat, the kids each got a tennis lesson. The afternoon was spent at our favorite place to spend a summer day -- the lake. Brian even met up with us in the afternoon for lunch and beach time. Mostly, we were the only people there ... and it was heavenly. After a little time at my parent's home, we went back to the club for a fish fry with my mom, and dad, sister and her family. It was a perfect last day of summer vacation.

No comments: