26 July 2011

Alone

alneatlake1-0711
alneatlake2-0711
alneatlake3-0711

For the last number of weeks -- since Summer vacation began -- the kids have been spending one night a week (at least) at my parents house. H plays golf, and C takes tennis on Tuesdays, so they spend Monday nights with them. It's such a great break. This week, however, my parents have friends from Manchester, England in town so they were busy entertaining. Which meant, Brian and I got to take the boys to their practices this morning. Brian was going to chaperone golf, but it was tournament day and parents were not allowed to go with their children, so he went with a group of little girls who asked him why he had earrings. I watched C -- who proceeded to place two tennis balls in his shirt like they were women's breasts and strut around the tennis court. Totally embarrassing.

After tennis, we had about an hour before we met up with H and Brian, so we went to the beach. We were the only ones there for a while, and it was amazing. Of course, he didn't want to leave then and put a big ole' fuss on. Frankly, my little rascel has been a big giant pain in the behind the past couple days -- I blame the fact that Tina, his sneak-out-on-the-porch-and-eat-ice-cream-buddy, is not here any more. Thankfully, Brian saved the day, and he and C had a nice lunch together, while H and I went down to the beach for our own date. I feel like I never get to just hang out with him, and it was absolutely great. Even if it was just for a few minutes.

P.S. H came in 6th out of 12. Not bad considering he's never played golf before!

No comments: