07 February 2011

Super Bowl XLV

superbowl2011-1-0211
superbowl2011-2-0211
superbowl2011-3-0211

We were a house divided, with the boys cheering for the Pittsburgh Steelers and Brian and I for the Green Bay Packers. Honestly, I really don't think I understand football at all. Never have. But I do like Super Bowl Sunday. I think it mostly has to do with the junk food and commercials. This year we had the Elsmo's over for an impromptu football party. We ate pulled-pork nachos, bacon and cheese wrapped tater tots with tabasco, chicken wings and Bugles with Cheese Whiz and sun-flower seeds brought by none other than our guest, inspired by H because he loves them so much. Who am I kidding -- we think they are great. Seriously, give it a try. Basically nothing we ate was good for us, except the celery I served with the wings. Brian made Venezuelan chicken and avocado sandwiches. Those would have been good for us, but we were all too full to eat them. Although, I did enjoy a great lunch today. We ended the gluttony with arroz con leche which is one of my all time favorite desserts. And of course, the Packers ended up winning, which made for a pretty great evening.

No comments: