18 December 2008

Holiday Show Number 2

I could not for the life of me get a good photo of H's holiday show today. But I really enjoyed it. What I especially love about his school, is the focus on music, the arts, culture and diversity. And the holiday performance was no exception. The 1st graders started out by singing "Make a Little Music for Chanukah" followed by "Mama, Bake the Johnnycake, Christmas Comin'." I don't know about you, but this is a far cry from the Christmas classics we always sang. H's big moment was during the johnnycake song, when he was one of five on the tambourine. Next the 4th and 5th graders sang -- and did an incredible job. The grand finale was was all the kids came out to sing "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing" (which is the photo where's H's head is glowing among the sea of children). Afterwards, we enjoyed a little party in the classroom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the little people shows...Pookie